Requirements for IPMonitor
IPMonitor is designed to be a flexible and efficient web-based software, packaged within a Docker container for seamless deployment and operation. This architecture allows IPMonitor to run directly on your server, providing robust monitoring capabilities with minimal system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements
To ensure smooth operation of IPMonitor, your server should meet the following minimum specifications:
- Memory: At least 2GB RAM
- Processor: 1 CPU core
- Operating System: We highly recommend using Ubuntu or a similar Linux-based system for optimal performance and compatibility.
Recommended Hosting Plans
While IPMonitor can run on most servers that meet the above criteria, we've identified some cost-effective and reliable hosting options to get you started:
- Linode: The 2 GB Shared 1x CPU plan, available at approximately $12 per month, offers a balance of performance and affordability.
- Digital Ocean: Opt for their 2 GB RAM, 1x CPU droplet plan, also priced around $12 per month, for a similar blend of efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Amazon EC2: The t2.small plan, which includes 1 vCPU and 2 GB RAM, is slightly higher in cost at around $17 per month, but provides the renowned reliability and scalability of AWS.
In addition to the hardware and hosting considerations, you'll need a valid
license.dat file for IPMonitor. This file is essential for the software's operation and can be obtained through the following process:
- Visit the IPMonitor client area at https://ipmonitor.app/login.
- Follow the instructions to register or log in to your account.
- Register the domain name you are going to access your installed IPMonitor software.
- Download the
license.datfile and place it in the specified directory on your server where IPMonitor will be installed.
license.dat file is a critical component that ensures the legitimacy and proper functioning of your IPMonitor installation.